This course aims to raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace and how to deal with them on a regular basis.
Mental Health has a significant impact on our society individually, socially and economically. Recent studies revealed that approximately one in five adults aged 16 to 85 years will experience at least one of the common forms of mental illness throughout any given year and 45% will experience a mental health or substance-use disorder in their lifetime. Just think about it!
Mental illness affects each person differently. This is why it is important for all individuals in the workplace to be aware of potential contributing factors to mental health issues and strategies to maintain a positive pathway to mental health and encourage early reporting of symptoms. This course is designed to raise overall Mental Health Awareness in the workplace and equip individuals and groups with strategies and tools to cope with this. It also aims to enhance work performance and reduce the level of Mental Health issues and possible absenteeism.
What Will I Learn?
Defining Mental Health
- Understanding various concepts
- Common situation / acute situations
- Symptoms / signs of mental health problems
Impacts of Mental Health
- Individual Reactions / Group Reactions / Team Dynamics
- The principle of containment
Mental Health Management
- Developing skills to effectively manage and support
- Duty of care
- Understand how coworkers affect each other
- Identify positive attributes to assist everyone
- Knowing when to refer
- Knowing where to signpost
- Desire to improve productivity
- Interest in mental health care
- Desire to live happily
- General Learners
No Reviews found for this course.